Saturday, July 01, 2006

Here is the 3rd in my Thursday series...

Evening Bridge acrylic on canvas 12" x 10" SOLD


Painted Thursday June 29, 2006. The bridge is the Adelaide St. North, here in London, CA, and I went out at 6:30 pm and back in my studio at 8:30. The river flows at the back of a baseball and soccer sports fields, and there were games going on, and plenty of passers-by stopping to see what I was doing. Everyone liked my work, which is encouraging. It really is a very active river, there were 2 canoes paddled by, a couple of geese families, fishermen, and one plein air painter (me).

2 comments:

Ed Terpening said...

I like the composition, brushwork and the movement indicated. The painting
feels very "whole".

Rob Mackintosh said...

When I painted this, there were kids throwing rocks in the water, and some landed really close, so I was looking over my shoulder a lot, while my hands kept painting. I have heard the painter should "step aside" during the painting...maybe that happened here.

This was the first painting I did a couple of B&W value and composition thumbnails for, and now continue that practice.

Thanks for your comment Ed.